Program / project management, software development, information technology and strategy professional with 25 years of experience in the telecommunications, IT consulting, software development, healthcare, banking, insurance, wealth management, outsourcing and government industry sectors. Successfully delivered on large and complex business application development, digital customer experience, enterprise application integration, ICT infrastructure, technology centric business transformation and process re-engineering initiatives.
Extensive consulting and functional experience with leading global and Canadian companies such as Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), HP Enterprise Services, IBM Canada, Bell Canada, Rogers, Nortel Networks, AT&T Canada (Unitel), ResponseLogic, HSBC Bank USA, Scotiabank, Sun Life Financial, National Trust, Knowledge First Financial, Mortgage Insurance Company of Canada, Symcor, Resolve Corporation (D+H), Municipal Property Assessment Corporation, Liquor Control Board of Ontario, Oral-B Laboratories and Gillette Canada.
Led multi-million dollar (up to $25 million) enterprise initiatives and programs with project team sizes up to 70 staff at leading companies, while coaching and mentoring high performance IT delivery teams. Successfully managed the delivery of multiple time-boxed, fixed budget and complex enterprise initiatives with high business impact, risks, uncertain business requirements or new technology introduction. Deep skills implementing and using best practices and methodologies such as PMBOK, CMMI, JAD, ITIL, Iterative Waterfall and Agile / Lean software development.
Worked with Executive Steering Committees and Project Management Office to establish appropriate project governance structures, processes and alignment to business strategy. Managed the organizational change and transition impacts of complex enterprise initiatives and program-level risk assessment, planning and mitigation.
Deep business transformation and process design/re-engineering experience and knowledge of best practices and methodologies. Strategic outsourcing and IT delivery experience working with global outsourcing partners. Led virtual (global, multi-location) project teams with clients and delivery teams in Canada, USA, Europe and India.
In-depth technical knowledge of multiple technologies (Java, J2EE, C#, .NET, VB, Lotus Notes) including client server and n-tier architectures, SOA, legacy mainframe systems and databases managing large and complex enterprise projects. Used Agile / Lean / SCRUM software development methodology working with small cross- functional teams, using short cycles of “iterative” and “incremental” prototyping and development for GUI screens and related workflow components. Strong data management, enterprise data lake, Hadoop, ETL, data warehouse, data migration/conversion, data clean-up, business intelligence and reporting expertise.
CAREER AND CONSULTING HIGHLIGHTS:
- As Application Delivery Executive with HP Enterprise Services led global application delivery teams for the corporate web portals (WebSphere), data warehouse and business intelligence technology areas that provide service delivery excellence to clients. Responsible for the overall strategic, tactical and operational delivery planning / management, nurturing and growing client relationships and managing client SLAs and financial performance for the account. Supported business development efforts and growth targets for clients by contributing innovative service solutions for customer strategic and operational
- At Sun Life Financial provided IT project management consulting for enterprise Application Programming Interface (API) platform initiative, and global Technology Governance revamp and Enterprise Architecture In addition, provided IT program management services for Individual Application Services division on: Complex 5-year initiative to convert over 60 VB6 applications to Java or C# / .Net technology platforms; WebLogic 12cR2 Currency and Java 8 infrastructure migration/upgrade program impacting 75 individual
insurance and wealth applications. This program had a project delivery team of over 70 staff; Business Intelligence - Cognos 7.5 migration to Microsoft SSAS / SSRS and Tableau; Accumulation Annuity product enhancements with aggressive delivery timelines and critical business dependencies; Individual IT Strategy, Vision and Roadmap initiative; Apexa Automated Feed initiation project.
- As IT Program Manager at Royal Bank of Canada provided direction and support for strategic initiatives to scale testing automation adoption to drive costs avoidance of $18 Million per annum for the Quality Engineering Solutions (QES) group within the RBC Innovation and Technology division. Program Workstreams: Test Data Hub and Test Environment Dashboard; Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) / Test Driven Development (TDD); Performance Engineering and Accessibility Testing automation; Vendor RFP and Proof of Concept for Test Case Management Tool; Insight Driven Engineering / Analytics to capture Journey of Code KPI metrics and build quality visualization Dashboards.
- Successfully managed the delivery of the CRTC mandated, high profile TV Unbundling initiative at Bell Canada with aggressive, fixed timelines. This complex initiative had multiple vendor delivery teams (IBM, Eagle, Tech Mahindra and CGI) with an extended project team size of over 50 people. In addition, directed the analysis, design, configuration and deployment of a $2 Million integrated Channel Commissioning Software.
- Provided IT project management, strategy and management consulting services for the HSBC Bank, Technology & Services division in USA. Supported the bank strategic initiatives to migrate private-label credit card servicing to a new service provider with focus on high profile Credit Risk and BASEL regulatory reporting governance, data conversion, process migration and related system
- As Director, Software Architecture & Engineering at MedGlobal Health, spearheaded the design and development of the MED Intelligence EMR / clinical information management software for HIV, STI, TB and malaria working with a UK based physician. Established strategic relations with a US based partner for marketing proprietary clinical management software in developing countries. Developed complex multi-year software implementation proposals for several Ministries of Health, and negotiated contracts and SOW with legal teams. Developed patient journey models, detailed system requirements, high level designs, detailed product strategy, roadmap, and engineering project plans. Provided project delivery leadership to the software development
- Provided leadership direction and program management oversight for large and complex Business Imperatives at Knowledge First Financial (formerly USCI) involving enhancements to the Plan Administration System (.NET technology), Regulatory Relationships and Complimentary Distribution Strategy.
- As Transition Project Manager at Resolve Corporation (D+H) worked on a $17 Million Canada Student Loan Program (CSLP) Transition project for the Canadian Federal Government. Evaluated and made recommendations on Data Conversion and Client Migration strategies and options, as part of a Migration Planning Team composed of key Resolve and Federal Government CSLP
- As Program Manager successfully directed the full life-cycle implementation of 9 concurrent technology-centric Data Collection re-engineering projects at Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) with an operating budget of over $3 Million, and project team of 40 to 60 staff. This resulted in streamlined and automated work processes impacting over 500
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Studied Computational Science at University of Leeds in England, and taken graduate-level courses in Master of Health Science in Health Informatics at University of Ontario Institute of Technology.
Hold the Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) designation from Chartered Institute of Management Accountants of UK, considered equivalent to a Master’s degree. Received the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation from American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and CIMA of UK.
Valid Project Management Professional (PMP) credential from the Project Management Institute of USA, and Certified Agile Project Manager (Cert.APM) from the Project Management Association of Canada. Completed the ITIL - Information Technology Infrastructure Library version 3 Foundation Certification.